Recalls this week: Garden blower vacuums
Hundreds of thousands of electric garden blowers with a vacuum option were recalled this week because of issues with objects being sucked into and breaking the plastic housing.
DETAILS: Homelite electric blower vacuums including model UT42120 with serial numbers BMP3540001 through BMR2103100, and model UT42120A with serial numbers BMR2120001 through BMR3421250. Model and serial numbers are located on a label on the left side of the red motor housing. They were sold at Home Depot Inc. stores and at www.homedepot.com from Feb. 2012 through Dec. 2012.
WHY: Objects that are drawn into the unit during vacuum mode can break through the plastic housing, posing a laceration hazard.
INCIDENTS: One incident with a blower, but no injuries reported.
HOW MANY: About 241,000 in the United States and 13,600 in Canada.
FOR MORE: Call Homelite at 800-597-9624 or visit www.homelite.com and click on Safety Notices for more information.
DETAILS: Expert Gardener electric blower vacuums including model 20254EG with serial numbers BMP3010001 through BMR3311972, and model 20254EGC with serial numbers EUP3120001 through EUP3630730. Model and serial numbers are located on a label on the left side of the motor housing. "Expert Gardener" and "BlowerVac 2 Speed Quiet 150 MPH Powerful 220 MPH" are printed on the side of the green motor housing and on the black plastic blower tube. They were sold at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. locations and at www.walmart.com from Jan. 2012 through Dec. 2012.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes