Oklahoma football: Sooners coach Bob Stoops praises backup center Ty Darlington
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey and Stephanie Kuzydym provided live coverage of Bob Stoops' OU football press conference via Twitter today in Norman. It followed OU's 42-34 win over Baylor. OU takes on Big 12 newcomer West Virginia in Morgantown on Saturday. Kickoff has been set for 6 p.m.
NORMAN -- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops heaped praise on backup center Ty Darlington for his performance against Baylor on Saturday.
Darlington, a true freshman, was filling in for All-Big 12 lineman Gabe Ikard, who suffered a concussion against Iowa State.
Stoops, speaking to the media at his weekly press conference, said Darlington was on the money with all of his snaps, but it was Darlington's blocking that impressed him most.
Darlington was named the team's player of the game following the Sooners' 42-34 win over the Bears.
Up next for OU is a 6 p.m. date at West Virginia on Saturday.
Here is a look at what else Stoops had to say on Monday:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 86 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M