Recipe: Green chile meatballs
Green chile sauce created using a technique for Italian tomato sauce is a natural for another Italian favorite: meatballs.
NewsOK Related Articles
• Using either a mixer or the wire whip attachment for your standing mixer, beat ingredients on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
• Scoop heaping meatball mixture spoonfuls, about 1-ounce each, onto a large baking sheet or cutting board. Shape meatballs into golf-ball-sized rounds.
• Heat an inch of oil in a large, heavy-bottom skillet. Add the meatballs and saute until golden brown on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes.
• Heat green chile sauce in a large pot over medium heat.
• When meatballs are well browned, transfer them with a slotted spoon from the skillet to the green chile. Add water if necessary. Allow meatball to simmer at least 20 minutes. After that time, lower heat and let simmer until ready to eat. Add water if liquid begins to dry out.
• Serve over fresh pasta, top with grated queso anejo or queso fresco and parsley or cilantro and plenty of crusty bread.
Source: Dave Cathey, Food Editor