Share “Red Cross urges caution heating homes”

Red Cross urges caution heating homes

BY KEN GARCIA, Red Cross Modified: October 25, 2012 at 2:42 pm •  Published: October 25, 2012
Advertisement

• Never leave a fire in the fireplace unattended, and use a glass or metal fire screen to keep fire and embers in the fireplace.

• Never use a cooking range or oven to heat your home.

• Turn off portable space heaters every time you leave the room or go to sleep.

• Have wood and coal stoves, fireplaces, and chimneys inspected annually by a professional, and cleaned if necessary.

• If you must use a space heater, place it on a level, hard and nonflammable surface (such as ceramic tile floor), not on rugs, or carpets or near bedding or drapes. Plug power cords directly into outlets and never into an extension cord.

For more Red Cross fire safety and preparedness information, visit www.redcross.org/homefires.


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Multicounty grand jury seeks ouster of Rogers County commissioner
  2. 2
    Game warden won't be charged in April Adair County shooting
  3. 3
    Report: Pakistan on track to have world's 3rd largest nuclear arsenal
  4. 4
    Yellowstone visitor requests better trained bears
  5. 5
    Gym teacher charged with sexual battery bound for district court arraignment
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending news Article