Red Dirt 'n Red Velvet set at Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art
SHAWNEE -- The Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art is going all out to show its appreciation to the amazing people in our community who provide support through membership.
At 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12, staff at the museum will be serving up a fantastic combination of down home red dirt music and decadent red velvet cupcakes at the Red Dirt n' Red Velvet Membership Appreciation Party.
Our Red Dirt Concert in the Courtyard will feature Oklahoma Opry Hall of Fame singer/songwriter Melissa Hembree. Specializing in "Texhoma" music, Hembree is an entertainer through and through.
During her career she has performed with country greats such as Reba McEntire, George Strait, Pam Tillis, Shenandoa, Gene Autry, Marty Robbins, Wade Hayes, Conway Twitty, Ernest Tubb, Moe Bundy, and Ronnie Milsap.
The museum is on the St. Gregory's University campus, 1900 W MacArthur in Shawnee. The phone number is 878-5300.
Not a member yet? Come on down to the party and join-individual membership is $35 and family membership is $50 per year. You can also join in advance of the party at www.mgmoa.org/membership.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma