Red Wings sign Lashoff to 3-year, $2.175M deal
DETROIT (AP) — The Detroit Red Wings have signed defenseman Brian Lashoff to a three-year, $2.175 million contract.
The team announced the move Monday.
Lashoff has a goal and two assists in 15 games this season, his first in the NHL. The 22-year-old native of Albany, N.Y., has made the most of his opportunities to fill in for banged-up defenseman in Detroit.
The undrafted free agent played in 36 games during the NHL lockout with the Grand Rapids Griffins after playing all of last season with the Red Wings' American Hockey League affiliate.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister