RedHawks beat Nashville, 5-3
The RedHawks completed a four-game sweep of the Nashville Sounds on Friday night and extended their home winning streak to nine games with a 5-3 victory.
NewsOK Related Articles
The victory also pushed Oklahoma City (32-23) to nine games over .500 for the first time this season. The RedHawks had not been able to reach that plateau in four previous tries.
AT THE PLATE
The RedHawks never trailed, scoring three runs in the first inning and a run in both the second and third. Left fielder Brad Snyder had two hits, pushing his batting average to .301 on the season, and scored twice.
Second baseman Angel Sanchez had two RBIs. Shortstop Brian Bixler hit a solo homer in the second, his third of the season, for the RedHawks' only extra base hit of the game.
ON THE MOUND
RedHawks starter Paul Clemens improved to 6-4 on the season, 4-1 at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. The right-hander pitched seven strong innings, allowing just one earned run while fanning five batters.
The RedHawks continue their 12-game homestand on Saturday night by opening a four-game set with the Iowa Cubs. Aneury Rodriguez (2-5) is the scheduled starter for Oklahoma City. Game time is 7:05 p.m.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated