RedHawks beat Round Rock 5-4
ROUND ROCK, Texas — Oklahoma City used a four-run eighth inning to rally Saturday night for a 5-4 Pacific Coast League win over Round Rock at The Dell Diamond in front of 9,880 fans.
The RedHawks have now won four of their last five games. The win also snaps a six-game road losing streak.
Trailing 4-1 in the eighth, Jose Martinez capped the four-run rally with a two-run single off reliever Yoshinori Tateyama. This all came after a throwing error opened the scoring and Matt Downs connected on an RBI double.
The RedHawks' (67-60) closer Jose Valdez then sealed the victory after working around a two-out double by Joey Butler.
The Express (59-69) scored twice in the first inning on an RBI single by Brad Nelson and Matt Kata's sacrifice fly.
Alberto Gonzalez added another run in the fourth when he scored from second on an infield single by Robinson Diaz.
Up until the eighth, all the RedHawks could muster on offense was a solo home run from catcher Carlos Corporan in the sixth.
But the Express extended its lead in the seventh on a two-out error by Matt Downs.
Jarred Cosart, fresh off the disabled list, earned the win for the RedHawks with two innings of relief work.
The RedHawks and Express continue their series at 6:05 p.m. on Sunday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister