RedHawks down Memphis 4-3
The RedHawks scored four unanswered runs for a 4-3 win at Memphis on Saturday.
J.B. Shuck led off the RedHawks' sixth inning with a single and scored on pinch-hitter Scott Moore's two-run home to tie the score at 3.
Justin Ruggiano doubled with one out in the RedHawks' ninth and scored the winning run when Redbirds right fielder Cedric Hunter mishandled a Mike Hessman line drive for an error.
On the mound
Xavier Cedeno (1-0), in his first day off the disabled list, picked up the win in relief after a perfect eighth inning. Memphis reliever Eduardo Sanchez (0-1) was charged with an unearned run in the ninth inning and took the loss.
Jose Valdez got his second save with a hitless ninth inning.
Around the bases
RedHawks third baseman Brett Wallace left the game with a left oblique strain. His status will be updated Sunday. ... Brian Bixler had two hits and an RBI and scored a run for the RedHawks.
RedHawks right-hander Paul Clemens faces Memphis righty Brandon Dickson at 1:35 p.m. Sunday at AutoZone Park.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister