RedHawks: Food options are a grand slam with fans
Oklahoma City loses its season opener to Memphis, but many in the crowd went home with a good taste in their mouths.
Videoview all videos
Apr 5The ballpark in Bricktown will now be called the...
Apr 4Newcastle Field at Bricktown is now the official name of...
Photoview all 26 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Finally, they decided on the Smokies stand where Tanner said his foot long hot dog was much better than any he had before at the ballpark.
“The dog was juicy and great,” he said. “Usually, I don't eat the whole thing, but this one was real good.”
Even though the food lines seemed long, most fans said it took less time than in the past to get their food because there were more options.
Jack Clark of Norman opted for a Philly cheesesteak at the new Steakadelphia stand down the right field line.
“The bun is soft and fresh,” he said. “I wouldn't trade a Jersey Mike's for it, but for ballpark food, it's pretty good.”
Fans can now see the popcorn being made and it also tastes fresher, said Jill Sweazy, a RedHawks fan and popcorn lover from Edmond.
“But I would like popcorn even if it's 10 days old,” she said.
Cooper tried a regular hot dog then decided to sample one of the most hyped items, the Porker or Memphis Dog. It's a sandwich with pulled pork, coleslaw and barbecue sauce with a hot dog at the bottom.
On a scale of 1 to 10, Cooper gave it an 8.
“It should come with a caution,” he said. “Extra napkins needed. Messiness was its only drawback, but it's worth it.”
But no matter how popular the new food was among fans, the longest lines in the ballpark were still at the beer stands.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36375Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32316Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24292Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 8069Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6178OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3621College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3359Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?