H: ° L: °,
RedHawks Q&A: Third baseman Brett Wallace
Astros' move to American League in 2013 might benefit Wallace, who is trying to get back to the big leagues.
“I just try to stay through baseballs and if they pitch them middle, middle away, you have to try to stay through them so I try to stay the other way. I've worked really hard on being able to hit a few balls on the pull side now, too. You just got to go with the pitch wherever it is.”
Left-center just happens to be the deepest part of the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark (415 feet).
“It's definitely a big yard, but it also gives me more room to shoot for. You can't worry about home run totals and things like that. You just got put good swings on it. If they fall or go out of the park, it doesn't matter.”
What is your best memory of your time in the major leagues?
“Just making your debut. You dream about it for a long time so when you finally make your debut, you definitely enjoy it and try to take it inasmuch as you can before the game starts. That first (game) is definitely one you cherish.”
What is the best advice you have ever received as a baseball player?
“Just be yourself. You can't try to do too much and you can't be someone your not.”
What is the favorite ballpark you have played in?
“I would say the Diamondbacks in Arizona just because I went to Arizona State. Getting the chance to be there for a lot of games when I was in college and then getting the chance to take the field and play there is pretty special.”
Who serves the best pregame meals in the majors?
“I would say Philadelphia. They will cook anything you want.”
What is your favorite baseball movie?
“The Natural. He was a left-handed hitter and it was about playing the game for the right reasons.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister