RedHawks Report: Early inning struggles doom Oklahoma City
Rangers catcher Matt Treanor continues rehab assignment with RedHawks
Reno broke through early on starter Guillermo Moscoso, and the RedHawks' offense failed to string much together against Aces starter Matt Tora. Reno beat the RedHawks for the first time in the series, 5-3, before 4,759 fans at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark.
NewsOK Related Articles
Doug Deeds was 2 for 5 with a home run and three RBIs as Reno's top two hitters combined for five of the Aces' 11 hits.
Moscoso settled down after allowing five runs in his first four innings, but it was too late. At one point, RedHawks pitchers retired 14 consecutive Reno hitters.
Esteban German was 3 for 5 with a solo homer for the RedHawks.
Treanor almost back
After a five-inning start Monday and a seven-inning start Wednesday, rehabbing Matt Treanor is expected to catch the entire game Friday night in the series finale.
"He's right on schedule," RedHawks manager Bobby Jones said. "He should be back up pretty quick."
Treanor has been on the disabled list since July 24 with a right posterior cruciate ligament strain.
Taylor Teagarden has been up in the big leagues since Treanor's injury, filling in as the backup to Rangers catcher Bengie Molina.
Slider helping Phillips' repertoire
RedHawks reliever Zach Phillips worked on a slider some last year but never used it in a game.
About a month ago, Phillips decided to give the pitch a try in a game situation, and it's certainly paid off so far.
Phillips has not allowed a run in his last 12 2/3 innings.
"It came around a lot further than I thought it would, so I decided to start using it," Phillips said. "It's just another tool to get hitters out, especially against left-handers."
Harden expected to remain with RedHawks
After turning in a 10-strikeout performance in six innings Wednesday, rehabbing Rich Harden certainly looked like he was ready to pitch in the big leagues again.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21911Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17670Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12642Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10331Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9974Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9639Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7768OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures