RedHawks win fifth in a row, close gap on Albuquerque
The Oklahoma City RedHawks closed the gap on division-leading Albuquerque with a 3-1 victory on Thursday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The RedHawks (75-64) trail the Isotopes (77-63), who lead the Pacific Coast League's American South, by 1½ games with four to play. The RedHawks have won five in a row, including a four-game sweep of Albuquerque.
Thursday night, Brad Snyder's two-run single in the eighth inning was the big hit for the RedHawks, snapping a 1-1 tie. Snyder scored the RedHawks' first run on Brian Bixler's RBI single in the sixth.
OKC starter Brett Oberholtzer scattered seven singles over 7 1/3 innings, striking out six with no walks. Reliever Chuckie Fick (2-1) worked two-thirds of an inning to get the win. Jose Valdez closed it out to earn his 21st save.
The RedHawks open a season-ending, four-game homestand against the Round Rock Express with a 7:05 p.m. game Friday night in Bricktown. Albuquerque returns home to face Omaha.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 62337Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 33106Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31955Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14420Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8241Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6093Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4001Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman