Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
•Running back: Either Kye Staley or Travis Miller could be asked to play this season, though probably not both. •Wide receiver: With the loss of William Cole for the season, one of the three rookie wideouts — Isaiah Anderson, Justin Blackmon or Adrian Richards — could earn playing time. •Tight end: Cooper Bassett and Jamal Mosley have shown flashes of their talent in practice, but redshirt freshman Wilson Youman continues to hold the backup job. •Secondary: Cornerback Markelle Martin will likely play. Victor Johnson and Johnny Thomas have performed well in camp, but depth could keep them in redshirt. •Kicker: Quinn Sharp struggled early with the transition to kicking at the college level. Dan Bailey has been consistent and could win the job, enabling Sharp to redshirt. •Defensive end: Nigel Nicholas has impressed coaches and could play if needed, but with the depth, he'll likely be able to redshirt.
Redshirt or not? Unclear how many true freshman will play at OSU
It's still unclear just how many true freshmen Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy will use. It could be as few as two or as many as six. Here's a look at those who have a chance to play, by position:
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense