Redskins need Thanksgiving win to keep momentum
Griffin is returning home to Texas for the game, and he had plenty to say about his family. The underside of the tongues of his shoes were camouflaged for Sunday's game, and the names of his parents — who both served in the military — were inscribed on the tops. He spoke again about how his father is one of his worst critics and was asked how important it is to make his father proud.
"It's paramount to me. I didn't even know what that word meant until he taught it to me a few years ago," Griffin said with a laugh. "It's really important. ... There are some games like the last one where you go 14 of 15 and he's chewing you out, and you're like, 'C'mon, Dad.'"
Robert Griffin Jr.'s criticisms centered on whether his son sufficiently protected himself from big hits against the Eagles. The quarterback did take a few shots, but he said he felt fine and was physically ready for the quick turnaround — even if some of his older teammates aren't.
"You can tell the young guys right away," head coach Mike Shanahan said. "They've got a little hop in their step. When you're 22 years old compared to a little bit older, I think the body recovers a lot quicker. You ask Robert that 10 years from now, and I think he might have a little difference in opinion."
Notes: LB London Fletcher (sprained right ankle) did not practice, putting in jeopardy his streak of 234 consecutive games played. ... WR Pierre Garçon was limited on his injured right foot. His availability will be determined by how well he can take the pain while running on the artificial turf during pregame warmup at Cowboys Stadium. ... The Redskins signed CB Jerome Murphy to replace S Brandon Meriweather, who was placed on injured reserve with a torn ACL in his right knee.
Follow Joseph White on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers