Redskins' RG3 has well-defined on-off switch
"Everybody's got a different personality," coach Mike Shanahan said. "Robert, it's very natural for him to be very businesslike. He does have a great sense of humor, where he can change very quickly from being very serious to being in a very jovial, joking mood. But things come pretty easy to him."
Teammates say it's no doubt a product of Griffin's background. Both parents were in the military, where on-duty and off-duty are clearly delineated.
"He was just brought up in that sense to know that, hey, when it's business, it's business," receiver Santana Moss said. "He's all about business when you're really around him, and then being a young guy, you're going to have to live some time — and you can see that in him. He has fun. You can tell that this is not just something that he dreamed about and now he's here. Nah, he takes this very seriously."
Notes: Griffin wore pink cleats and a pink left glove at practice as part of the NFL's annual breast cancer awareness campaign. The sleeve he always wears on his left arm was white, but he said a pink sleeve was on the way. ... Sunday's game was the first in which Griffin deliberately put his hands in the air after handing the ball off instead of pretending he still had it, part of a plan to reduce the number of hard hits he takes from defenders. Shanahan also made it to point to discuss the matter with the referee before the game. "One time I carried out my fake and didn't put my hands up, and he came and found me, and he said: 'Make sure you put your hands up,'" Griffin said. "They protected me a lot more out there as a quarterback, which is how it's supposed to be." ... WR Aldrick Robinson, who suffered a concussion in a pregame collision Sunday, will undergo tests Thursday to see if he can resume contact.
Follow Joseph White on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP
Online: http://bigstory.ap.org/NFL-Pro32 and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister