Regatta notebook: Rowing Magazine names Oklahoma City a top city for rowing
Oklahoma City was named in the newly released issue of Rowing Magazine as one of the top cities for rowing in the country, along with Boston, Philadelphia, Richmond, Va., Seattle and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Photoview all 29 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
MEN'S ELITE EIGHT
OKC's United States Training Center crew, which included Olympian Tom Peszek, won the elite eight race with a time of a 12:50.55.
Tom Peszek and his partner, Silas Stafford, finished eighth in the London Olympics.
Finishing second was another OKC Training Center boat which featured three other Olympians, Robin Prendes, Will Newell and Will Daley.
Harvard won the men's collegiate eight in a time of 12:58.87 while boats from Oklahoma City University placed second and third.
It was the third time Harvard has won the Norick Cup at the regatta.
In the men's four, the University of Texas was the champ with a time of 15:44.64, while crews from OCU were second and third.
In the women's four, Stanford was the winner in a time of 16:12.99. Clemson was second and the University of Oklahoma was third.
Racing begins Sunday at 8 a.m. and concludes at noon on the Oklahoma River.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit