Religion's role to be discussed, at Oklahoma City church
“The Role Religion Plays in World Affairs” will be the topic March 21 of an OKC Town Hall Lecture featuring Jill Carroll, Ph.D.
Jill Carroll, Ph.D., will discuss “The Role Religion Plays in World Affairs” as part of an OKC Town Hall presentation set for 10:30 a.m. March 21 at St. Luke's United Methodist Church, 222 NW 15.
Carroll is a public scholar who believes peaceful coexistence can be achieved when people make an effort to understand each other rather than relying on stereotypes and prejudice. As a scholar in religious studies, she has spent more than two decades studying the world's religions and major religious movements.
Carroll formerly directed the Boniuk Center for Religious Tolerance at Rice University in Houston where she was also adjunct professor in the department of religious studies. She is a recognized expert on issues of religious tolerance, philosophy of religion, American religion and religion in public life as well as the role of religion in world politics.
At the Boniuk Center, Carroll started the Amazing Faiths dinner-dialogue program which brings people of different faiths together for an informal meal and discussion of religious matters.
OKC Town Hall lecture tickets are $15 and can be obtained by calling 826-9689. Students are admitted free.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 34667Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 26962Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6958OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6745Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4485OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4208Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3679College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals