Religion's role to be discussed, at Oklahoma City church
“The Role Religion Plays in World Affairs” will be the topic March 21 of an OKC Town Hall Lecture featuring Jill Carroll, Ph.D.
Jill Carroll, Ph.D., will discuss “The Role Religion Plays in World Affairs” as part of an OKC Town Hall presentation set for 10:30 a.m. March 21 at St. Luke's United Methodist Church, 222 NW 15.
Carroll is a public scholar who believes peaceful coexistence can be achieved when people make an effort to understand each other rather than relying on stereotypes and prejudice. As a scholar in religious studies, she has spent more than two decades studying the world's religions and major religious movements.
Carroll formerly directed the Boniuk Center for Religious Tolerance at Rice University in Houston where she was also adjunct professor in the department of religious studies. She is a recognized expert on issues of religious tolerance, philosophy of religion, American religion and religion in public life as well as the role of religion in world politics.
At the Boniuk Center, Carroll started the Amazing Faiths dinner-dialogue program which brings people of different faiths together for an informal meal and discussion of religious matters.
OKC Town Hall lecture tickets are $15 and can be obtained by calling 826-9689. Students are admitted free.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion