Remington Park to host Ducks Unlimited event on Friday
Outdoors notebook: Shooting contest in August at H&H; Guy Sandy temporarily closed; Youth deer hunts available; Archery shoot starts Saturday in McAlester; Volunteers needed to take kids fishing
The Ducks Unlimited Premigration Event will be Friday at Remington Park in Oklahoma City in the Eclipse Suite.
The fundraising event begins at 6:30 p.m. and will include food, beer, wine and silent and live auctions. Tickets are $50.
NewsOK Related Articles
For more information, call David Greenberg at 359-8466 or Steve Collyar at 330-0025.
Shooting contest at H&H
Saturday is the deadline to apply for the H&H Shootout, a gun and archery contest, at the H&H Sports Shooting Complex in Oklahoma City.
The beginning rounds will be Aug. 8-13 with the finals on Aug. 20.
There will be competition in open and women's divisions in both firearms and archery. In addition, the archery contest will include a junior division for ages 14 and younger.
Entry fee is $50 for adults and $35 for juniors. For more information, visit www.hhshootingsports.com.
The Guy Sandy campground in the Chickasaw National Recreation Area near Sulphur has been closed temporarily because of the extreme fire conditions in south-central Oklahoma.
Also, there is a temporary ban in the park on ash-producing fires. Gas grills are permitted for cooking where the grill is at least 5 feet from vegetation.
Youth deer hunts available
Aug. 19 is the deadline for hunters ages 12 to 17 to apply for antlerless deer hunts this fall and winter.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?