Remington Park to host Ducks Unlimited event on Friday
Outdoors notebook: Shooting contest in August at H&H; Guy Sandy temporarily closed; Youth deer hunts available; Archery shoot starts Saturday in McAlester; Volunteers needed to take kids fishing
NewsOK Related Articles
Forty-two hunts are available. Youth must have completed hunter education requirements to be eligible.
For more information, call the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation at 521-2730.
Traditional archery shoot
The Southern Plains Traditional Archery Championships will be Saturday and Aug. 7 in McAlester at the Army Ammunition Plant
The longbow and recurve competition will be Saturday with selfbows on Aug. 7. Books open at 6:30 a.m. each day and close at 2 p.m.
Each round is $15. For more information, call Pat Finnigan at 262-7559.
Volunteers needed to take kids fishing
Volunteers are needed Aug. 20 to help children who are burn victims enjoy a day of fishing on Lake Hudson in northeast Oklahoma.
The 13th annual Oklahoma Firefighters' Burn Camp is held at Dry Gulch U.S.A. near Pryor for children ages 6 to 16 who have suffered major burns.
Aug. 20 is fishing day at the camp, and volunteers with boats are needed to take kids fishing from 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Tackle and bait are provided.
For more information, call Kristi Collins at (918) 830-4631.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad