Remote-tax firewall is gradually eroding
KINDLE Fire is the high-end e-book reader offered by Amazon.com. For years, Amazon has enjoyed a virtual firewall against sales tax collections on purchases made in states where Amazon doesn’t have a physical presence.
That firewall is about to get hosed.
Recent Republican acquiescence to remote sales tax collections is good news for Main Street retailers whose tax receipts fund local fire departments...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63590Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38050Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 34916Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12686Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive