Reno Swim and Slide undergoing renovations
MIDWEST CITY -- When patrons visit the Reno Swim and Slide next summer, they will be in for a treat, as the pool bath house is undergoing extension renovations during the off season.
In August, the Midwest City Council awarded a bid and entered into a contract with A.C. Owen Construction L.L.C., for the remodel of the facility and also an upgrade to its chemical distribution system in the amount of $1,062,500.
According to Community Services Director, Vaughn Sullivan, the city had five main objectives when considering the remodeling and upgrading of the facility, originally built in 1970.
First, the original bath house did not meet all current code requirements. As a result, the new plans call for a complete gutting of the interior. New stalls, showers and lockers will be installed in the remodeled facility.
In addition, the current concession stand area was deemed inadequate to properly serve patrons, so it will be enlarged with more up-to-date equipment.
The next improvement is to the front facade of the facility. Sullivan said that they want the entrance to be very inviting to patrons. Another new feature will be a climate-controlled break area for the life guards. Currently, the guards have to remain outside when taking a break.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena