Renovated Southern Oaks branch of Oklahoma City’s Metropolitan Library to open Sept. 25
The Southern Oaks Library branch had been closed since May 2011 for extensive renovation on the 37-year-old building.
The Southern Oaks Library’s long awaited makeover is almost complete and the library is on schedule to reopen Sept. 25.
Southern Oaks, 6900 South Walker, has been closed since May 2011. The original goal was to reopen within a year, but construction delays pushed back the reopening.
But the wait will be worth it, manager Randy Wayland said. The renovation includes adding about 3,500 square feet pushing the facility’s total size to about 20,000 square feet.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in