Report: Brazil's Ronaldo, wife separate
SAO PAULO (AP) — Brazilian media says the marriage of former soccer great Ronaldo and Bia Anthony has come to an end.
The O Globo newspaper says the couple announced the end of their marriage in a statement released by the 36-year-old Ronaldo.
"After our seven-year marriage we are announcing our formal separation," says the statement cited by O Globo.
The couple has two daughters — Maria Sophia, 4, and Maria Alice, 2.
Ronaldo, who helped Brazil win the World Cup in 2002 and was voted world player of the year three times during his career, has been married twice before.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures