Report: Cornerback Tee Shepard to enroll at Oklahoma in January
OU football recruiting: Fresno, Calif., native joined Notre Dame in January but left before spring practice began.
Tee Shepard, one of the top cornerbacks in the 2012 recruiting class, reportedly will enroll at Oklahoma in January.
His decision was reported by Rivals.com.
Videoview all videos
Dec 4Will Saunders be suspended because of his arrest?
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“The 5 star corner Tee Shepard is now...#BackInBusiness,” Shepard tweeted Tuesday evening.
Shepard (6-foot-1, 180 pounds) joined Notre Dame in January but left the team before spring practice began.
Shepard played as a junior for the same high school, Fresno (Calif.) Central East, as Sooners defensive back commitment Hatari Byrd. Shepard had to sit out his senior season after transferring back to Fresno Washington Union.
“I know he's been studying and preparing and working as hard as he can to get a score on the ACT to get into a Division I school,” Washington Union coach Jeff Freitas told the South Bend Tribune.
Shepard joins Byrd and Miami Central's Ahmad Thomas as defensive back commitments.
Shepard initially chose the Irish over USC and Arizona State, among others.
Shepard was the fourth-rated cornerback in the 2012 class by Rivals and No. 76 overall.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say