Report: Cotton Bowl 'prohibitive favorite' to host 2014-15 national title game in Arlington, Texas
The college football national title game will be held just across the Red River again, according to a report from ESPN.com.
According to the report, the AT&T Cotton Bowl is the “prohibitive favorite” to host the national title game on Jan. 12, 2015 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
The 2014-15 season will be the first year of the four-team playoff. The national semifinals will be hosted by the Rose and Sugar bowls on Jan. 1, 2015.
Under the 12-year deal, the Rose and Sugar bowls will host the semifinals four times. Four other bowls, including the Orange and three others which have yet to be named, will also host the semifinals four times.
ESPN sources said the other three bowls that will host semifinals will likely be the Cotton, Fiesta and Chick-fil-A.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in