Report: Former Missouri offensive coordinator David Yost offered job at Oklahoma State
Former Missouri offensive coordinator David Yost has been offered the Oklahoma State football team's offensive coordinator position, according to a report out of Columbia, Mo.
STILLWATER – Mike Gundy’s search for a new offensive coordinator may end swiftly, with a report that former Missouri coordinator Dave Yost has been offered the job.
Videoview all videos
Dec 10Jenni Carlson and Gina Mizell discuss who will be the...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
That news comes from Dave Matter of the Columbia Daily Tribune, citing an unnamed source, who reported the apparent offer to Yost in a Wednesday blog post.
OSU’s coordinator spot became vacant when Todd Monken left to take the head coaching job at Southern Miss.
Yost spent 12 seasons on the Tigers staff before resigning following a season in which Mizzou finished 5-7 in its first year in the SEC, struggling to overcome injuries on offense that included quarterback James Franklin.
Previously at Mizzou, Yost consistently produced productive offenses, with the 2012 version the first since 2004 not to average more than 400 yards per game.
Yost also coached three quarterbacks – Chase Daniel, Blaine Gabbert and Brad Smith – who combined to earn 12 All-Big 12 honors. Daniel was a Heisman Trophy finalist in 2007. Smith became the first quarterback in FBS history to throw for more than 8,000 yards and run for 4,000 in a career. Gabbert became a first round pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 2011 NFL Draft.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense