Report: Oklahoma-Nebraska football series to be renewed in 2021 and 2022
OU FOOTBALL — One of college football's greatest rivalries, Oklahoma vs. Nebraska, will make its return to the field in 2021, according to a report by the Omaha World-Herald. According to the report, the 2021 game will be played 50 years after the Game of the Century in Norman.
Videoview all videos
Nov 5The Sooners senior quarterback steos up to the podium to...
Nov 5OU's head coach learns of Brennan Clay's alter ego, Toby,...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
That was Nebraska’s last game as a Big 12 Conference member; the Cornhuskers are in their second season in the Big 10.
Osborne will step down as Nebraska’s athletic director on Jan. 1, 2013, and told the newspaper that scheduling an Oklahoma-Nebraska series is something he wanted to achieve before he left.
Switzer and Osborne always maintained a cordial relationship — one of the reasons the Oklahoma-Nebraska rivalry was always seen as intense, yet respectful — but the former Sooner coach said they don’t speak often.
“I’d see Tom at conventions and on the game field, but I never was a coach who would pick up the phone and call coaches,” Switzer said. “There were certain coaches I did call; they were usually ones that coached with me and were on my staff.
“But if I was just a competitor of theirs, and the only time I ever saw them was when I played them, I never called.”
When asked what he thinks about Nebraska and Oklahoma meeting again in Norman on the 50th anniversary of the “Game of the Century,” Switzer laughed.
“Why would I give a damn about that? I’m probably not gonna be around,” said the 75-year-old.
“No, I’ll plan on making that one. ... In 2021, I’d be 85. I can make that.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments