Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Hand, who is averaging 9.2 points per game this season, suffered the injury in the second half of Saturday’s victory against Baylor. The soonest Hand is expected to return is the Big 12 Tournament, but it is more likely she won’t be ready to play until the first round of the NCAA Tournament. The second-ranked Sooners will attempt to clinch at least a share of the Big 12 regular-season title tonight at No. 14 Texas A&M. Nyeshia Stevenson will probably get the nod in the starting lineup in place of Hand.
OU's Whitney Hand out with injury
The Oklahoma women’s basketball team has lot a big part of its team for the rest of the regular season.Freshman guard Whitney Hand is expected to miss at least the next four weeks after undergoing surgery Sunday morning to repair a fractured left index finger on her non-shooting hand.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 51290Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14843Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9419Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7710Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7083Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6592Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6563Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes