Report shows disconnect between addiction science, treatment
Columbia University think tank reports doctors aren’t trained to treat addiction
Although scientific research shows that addiction is a complex brain disease, many people still misunderstand it as a moral failure or lack of willpower, according to a report released Tuesday.
The report from the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University states that U.S. doctors are unprepared to intervene or treat addiction, even though there have been...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in