RFR gives Stenhouse another Sprint Cup start
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) — Roush Fenway Racing will give Ricky Stenhouse Jr. another Sprint Cup start as he prepares to replace Matt Kenseth next season in NASCAR's top series.
The team said Thursday that Stenhouse will drive the No. 6 Ford next week at Charlotte. He's taking over No. 17 next season when Kenseth joins Joe Gibbs Racing.
The two will be on the track together at Charlotte, the first time that Best Buy has sponsored two cars in a single race. Stenhouse is last year's Nationwide champion.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims