Rheingarten Restaurant — authentic German dishes
11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday to Saturday
“We tried not to disturb the integrity of the house,” Ryan said.
All of the crown moldings, casings, light fixtures, door handles were left alone, he said. The kitchen and bathroom area was remodeled and a wall removed between two small bedrooms which created a large dining room.
The original fireplace greets customers in the huge front room and a patio was added.
“You have to have an outdoor dining area if you are living on the lake,” Ryan said.
Ryan tells his customers that German cuisine has been part of his diet for 37 years.
“We just transferred our home kitchen to the restaurant’s kitchen,” Ryan said.
Opening up a German restaurant in Grove was initially a hard sell for the community, he said.
“We continue our marketing efforts to attract locals to the restaurant,” Ryan said.
Rheingarten was awarded outstanding restaurant on Grand Lake by the Grand Lake Association and the Integris Foundation Taste of Grand honored the restaurant with its “Best Ethnic Restaurant and its President’s Award.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101343Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13633Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10711Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9528OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7731How to help tornado victims
- 7199Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area