RI airport saw fewer passengers in November
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The number of passengers traveling through Rhode Island's main airport continues to decline when compared to previous years.
T.F. Green Airport saw nearly 289,000 passengers in November, a drop of more than 9 percent compared with the same month last year.
The airport in Warwick has seen fewer passengers overall since the economic downturn began in 2008. In 2011 more than 3.8 million passengers travelled through the facility. That's compared with the more than 5 million people who used the airport in 2007. Nearly 3.1 million passengers travelled through T.F. Green in the first 10 months of 2012.
People who make round trips are counted twice in the statistics.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments