RI State Police charge 7 with DUI on New Year's
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Rhode Island State Police say a New Year's Eve crack-down on drunken driving resulted in seven arrests around the state.
State Police Chief Col. Steven O'Donnell announced the arrests Wednesday.
The seven people arrested all face charges of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Three were also charged with refusing to submit to a blood test, and three were charged with driving without a license.
Most of those who were arrested are in their twenties. The oldest is 40.
Authorities increased patrols around the holiday to target drunken driving.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 11884OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7018Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5955Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5764Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4633Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4517Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers