Richard Yarmuth, Attorney for Howard Schultz
Role in the fight: Yarmuth is lead counsel in the lawsuit seeking to rescind the sale of the Sonics from Howard Schultz's group to Clay Bennett's.
NewsOK Related Articles
Why he's fighting: Yarmuth is no stranger to legal fights in sports. He's taken on the Mariners as well as the American League.
A Columbia Law School graduate who has practiced in Seattle since 1972, Yarmuth helped represent Washington and King County in a 1976 antitrust suit against the American League. Their victory brought the expansion Mariners to Seattle.
A decade later, he represented the county in a suit that forced the Mariners to honor their Kingdome lease and blocked the team from leaving town. He then worked on a committee along with City of Seattle attorney Slade Gorton that identified Nintendo as a potential buyer, then convinced the Japanese company to purchase the Mariners and keep them in Seattle.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims