Richard Yarmuth, Attorney for Howard Schultz
Role in the fight: Yarmuth is lead counsel in the lawsuit seeking to rescind the sale of the Sonics from Howard Schultz's group to Clay Bennett's.
NewsOK Related Articles
Why he's fighting: Yarmuth is no stranger to legal fights in sports. He's taken on the Mariners as well as the American League.
A Columbia Law School graduate who has practiced in Seattle since 1972, Yarmuth helped represent Washington and King County in a 1976 antitrust suit against the American League. Their victory brought the expansion Mariners to Seattle.
A decade later, he represented the county in a suit that forced the Mariners to honor their Kingdome lease and blocked the team from leaving town. He then worked on a committee along with City of Seattle attorney Slade Gorton that identified Nintendo as a potential buyer, then convinced the Japanese company to purchase the Mariners and keep them in Seattle.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater