Richardson, Young lead 76ers over Raptors
For a while, it seemed the Raptors were going to run away with it.
After Holiday's dunk put the Sixers up 65-64 midway through the third quarter, Toronto scored 12 straight points. Bargnani started the run with a 16-footer and finished it off with a 3-pointer, giving the Raptors an 11-point lead that was the largest for either team.
But the Sixers answered in the fourth. Collins went to a smaller lineup, moving Thad Young in the middle and it worked.
"I know it's fun for me," Holiday said of playing with the faster, smaller guys.
Collins plans to make lineup changes for Wednesday night's game at Cleveland, but he wasn't giving specifics.
"Byron Scott is on Twitter," Collins joked, referring to the Cavaliers coach.
The Raptors built a 10-point lead early and led the entire first half until Philadelphia went on an 18-8 run late in the second quarter. Richardson hit a 3-pointer and scored on a fast-break layup off a steal to get the Sixers to 46-44.
Holiday hit a 3-pointer to give Philadelphia its first lead, 51-48, with 30 seconds left in the half. Calderon answered with a 3 to tie it going into the locker rooms.
"Nick Young got hot. J-Rich got hot," Toronto's Kyle Lowry said. "Those guys made some tough 3s and they made some wide-open shots. They executed their offense really well down the stretch. We got to see the film and see what we could have done differently, if we could have done anything differently."
NOTES: Richardson left the game briefly to be treated for a bruise after Lowry inadvertently stepped on his face in the third quarter. ... Lowry, who went to nearby Villanova, returned after missing six games with a foot injury. ... The Sixers completed a five-game homestand, going 3-2. ... The Raptors began a stretch of 10 of 12 games on the road. They are 1-5 away from home this season. ... Toronto visits Charlotte on Wednesday night. The Raptors already have three wins on the second night of back-to-back games. They were 4-16 in those situations last year. ... The Sixers were 0-4 when tied or trailing after three quarters.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena