Richmond man sentenced in vacation rental scam
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A Richmond man has been sentenced to five years in federal prison for pocketing money meant for vacation rental transactions.
Fifty-nine-year-old John Ross Greer was sentenced Wednesday in federal court in Richmond on one count of mail fraud. He was the president of an online company called Unusual Villas and Island Rentals.
Court records show Greer failed to forward client funds to villa owners, didn't return security deposits and failed to pay commissions owed to travel agents.
U.S. District Judge John A. Gibney Jr. granted a prosecution motion to stiffen Greer's sentence, in part due to a 1982 fraud conviction.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in