RIM, Tiffany, Kroger are market movers
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market:
Barnes & Noble Inc., down $1.79 at $14.26
The book seller reported that its digital content growth slowed as it faced increased competition from rivals like Amazon.com and Google.
Stein Mart Inc., up 97 cents at $8.56
The discount retailer said that sales at stores open at least a year jumped 7.1 percent last month. It also announced a special $1 dividend.
Tiffany & Co., down $3.93 at $59.80
The jewelry company's third-quarter net income fell 30 percent due to a higher-than-expected tax rate and high metal costs.
The Kroger Co., up $1.19 at $26.25
The supermarket chain raised its earnings outlook for the year after reporting a third-quarter profit that topped expectations.
La-Z-Boy Inc., down $1.57 at $14.60
The furniture company reported that its fiscal second-quarter net income fell as investments in its business hurt its bottom line.
Aeropostale Inc., down 70 cents at $13.42
After poor back-to-school sales, the teen retailer's third-quarter profit was nearly flat and it issued a weak forecast.
Research In Motion Ltd., up 44 cents at $11.54
Goldman Sachs upgraded the phone maker's shares to "Buy," saying there is a chance its BlackBerry 10 phones could be a success.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc., down $3.32 at $61.78
The restaurant chain said that its fiscal first-quarter net income fell 3 percent, pulled down by severance costs and expenses.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes