Rites of passage include hand squeeze
Tulsa-based columnist Walker Moore writes about the significance of a hand squeeze.
But I will want to ask any family or friends around to please grab my hand. If I have any strength left, my heart's desire will be to give one last squeeze. That will be my way of saying “I love you” one more time.
That's what Christ's resurrection is for me. Yes, the cross is the place where “God demonstrates His own love toward us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). But the resurrection is the last squeeze, our heavenly Father telling us He loves us one more time.
Walker Moore is president of AweStar Ministries in Tulsa.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater