River designation another plus for city
On the banks of the Oklahoma River near downtown Oklahoma City this past week, our community’s vision to create a premier, world-class, Olympic-caliber sports and recreation complex took a giant leap forward when U.S. Olympic Committee CEO Stephanie Streeter made it official — the Oklahoma River has earned the coveted designation as an official Olympic and Paralympics Training Site for rowing, canoeing and kayaking.
Videoview all videos
Jul 28United States Olympic Committee CEO Stephanie Streeter...
Photoview all photos
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims