River Plate beats Tigre, shares lead in Argentina
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — Carlos Luna scored twice in the final five minutes to lift River Plate to a 3-2 victory over Tigre on Sunday and a share of the lead in Argentina's first division.
Luna headed in an equalizer in the 85th minute, and then added a close-in shot in the 87th. Juan Iturbe scored another in stoppage time to make it 3-1. Matias Perez Garcia converted a penalty for Tigre a minute later.
River Plate improved to nine points in three matches, the same as Lanus.
In other matches on Sunday, Independiente defeated Racing 2-0, Godoy Cruz won over Rafaela 2-1 and Belgrano beat Colon 2-1.
River's victory makes it a perfect start for new coach Ramon Diaz, who coached River in two stints more than a decade ago before returning to the club two months ago for the second half of Argentina's split season.
Independiente defeated Racing 2-0 on goals from Leonel Miranda in the 2nd minute and Jonathan Santana in second-half stoppage time.
Leandro Grimi and Mauro Obolo scored in Godoy Cruz's 2-1 win against Rafaela.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in