River Raisin park featured in stamp collection
MONROE, Mich. (AP) — River Raisin National Battlefield Park has been selected to be part of a 2013 commemorative stamp collection featuring National Park Service sites.
Officials on Tuesday announced that the Monroe-area park will be featured in the "Passport to Your National Parks" program.
Visitors to national parks can obtain a cancellation stamp that is unique to that national park and commemorates the date of their visit.
In addition to the cancellation stamps, parks service partner Eastern National produces a full-color special commemorative stamp series that features several national parks.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63590Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38050Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 34916Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12686Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive