These projects may affect travel on major highways from Friday through Tuesday, Oklahoma Department of Transportation officials said.
1. Interstate 35 is narrowed to one lane in each direction at U.S. 64 (Fir Street) in Perry in Noble County.
2. U.S. 60 is narrowed east of U.S. 81 near Pond Creek in Grant County.
3. U.S. 60 is narrowed near the U.S. 64/U.S. 412 junction in Enid in Garfield County.
4. Interstate 40 is narrowed to one lane in each direction between I-40B in Henryetta and U.S. 75 east of Okemah in Okmulgee and Okfuskee counties.
5. U.S. 69 is narrowed to one lane in each direction at State Highway 150 north of Eufaula to the U.S. 69B interchange south of Eufaula in McIntosh County.
6. U.S. 69B is closed just south of U.S. 70 in Durant, in Bryan County, for bridge work.
7. Eastbound U.S. 70 is narrowed to one lane west of U.S. 69 in Durant.
8. Oklahoma City Metro
The right lane of eastbound I-44 will be closed between NW 10 and NW 23 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday for surface repairs.
9. Tulsa metro
Interstate 244/U.S. 169 corridor — I-244 closed at 129th E Avenue. Expect significant delays in this corridor, especially during peak travel times. Locate an alternate route if possible.
All lanes of eastbound I-244 are closed between 129th E Avenue and the Interstate 44 junction; use southbound U.S. 169 to eastbound I-44 as a detour.
Various lane closures eastbound and westbound I-244 between the I-44 split to near Memorial Drive.
I-244/Arkansas bridge replacement project — traffic shifted, ramps closed at southwest corner Inner Dispersal Loop.
Drivers should be alert as crews move westbound I-244 traffic off the detour route and onto the new multimodal bridge over the Arkansas River south of downtown Tulsa. Westbound I-244 is expected to have three open lanes, and eastbound I-244 will continue to have two open lanes until further notice. Even though traffic is shifted to this new bridge, drivers should remain alert to crews, equipment and reduced speeds on both the eastbound and westbound bridges in this corridor
The following ramp closures will remain in place until further notice:
• Westbound U.S. 64/SH 51 off-ramp to eastbound I-244/westbound U.S. 64/SH 51 (south to west leg IDL).
• Southbound U.S. 75/westbound U.S. 64/SH 51 ramp to westbound I-244/southbound U.S. 75.
• Eastbound I-244 on-ramp from 17th Street and various lane closures on 17th Street.
• Westbound I-244 on-ramp from 7th Street.
The westbound I-244 off-ramp to southbound U.S. 75 (northeast corner IDL) is closed; follow the north and west legs of the IDL for access to southbound U.S. 75 or eastbound U.S. 64/SH 51. The northbound U.S. 75 on-ramp from 2nd Street also is closed.
I-44/Lewis Avenue corridor closures:
• Be alert to reduced speed limits on I-44 in the Lewis Avenue corridor.
• All lanes of north- and southbound Lewis Avenue are closed at the I-44 junction. Use Harvard Avenue or Peoria Avenue as detours.
10. H.E. Bailey: Elgin Exit. Interchange work. Traffic will be slowed through toll plaza.
11. Kilpatrick: Expansion project ongoing from MacArthur to Eastern Avenue. Traffic is shifted and speed reduced to 55 mph.
12. Turner: Bridge rehabilitation project at mile marker 154. Traffic is head-to-head through construction zone. Speed reduced. Expect delays.
13. Cimarron: Cable barrier project from mile post 40 to 51. Speed reduced.
14. Creek: Expansion project ongoing from U.S. 75 to Memorial. Traffic is shifted and speed reduced to 55 mph.
Road conditions can be found at www.okladot.state.ok.us/road_condition.htm.