Road construction projects may affect traffic flow in Oklahoma
Area are listed throughout Oklahoma where construction projects may slow holiday traffic.
• Westbound U.S. 64/State Highway 51 off-ramp to eastbound I-244/westbound U.S. 64/SH 51 (south to west leg IDL).
• Southbound U.S. 75/westbound U.S. 64/SH 51 ramp to westbound I-244/southbound U.S. 75.
• Eastbound I-244 on-ramp from 17th Street and various lane closures on 17th Street.
• Westbound I-244 on-ramp from 7th Street.
The westbound I-244 off-ramp to southbound U.S. 75 (northeast corner IDL) is closed; follow the north and west legs of the IDL for access to southbound U.S. 75 or eastbound U.S. 64/SH 51. The northbound U.S. 75 on-ramp from 2nd Street also is closed.
I-44/Lewis Avenue corridor closures:
• Be alert to reduced speed limits on I-44 in the Lewis Avenue corridor.
• All lanes of north- and southbound Lewis Avenue are closed at the I-44 junction. Use Harvard Avenue or Peoria Avenue as detours.
9. H.E. Bailey: Elgin Exit. Interchange work. Traffic will be slowed through toll plaza.
10. Kilpatrick: Expansion project ongoing from MacArthur to Eastern Avenue. Traffic is shifted and speed reduced to 55 mph.
11. Turner: Bridge rehabilitation project at mile marker 154. Traffic is head-to-head through construction zone. Speed reduced. Expect delays.
12. Cimarron: Cable barrier project from mile post 40 to 51. Speed reduced.
13. Creek: Expansion project ongoing from U.S. 75 to Memorial. Traffic is shifted and speed reduced to 55 mph.
Snow possible on Christmas
The National Weather Service issued winter storm watches Sunday for parts of Oklahoma ahead of a storm that could bring treacherous road conditions and up to 6 inches of snow. The National Weather Service in Norman said a winter storm watch will be in effect through Tuesday evening. For the latest travel conditions, go to www.okladot.state.ok.us/road_condition.htm.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in