Robbins & Myers sale may not close until February
The company booked acquisition-related costs of 5 cents per share in the latest quarter.
Sales rose 8 percent to $257.3 million, but the cost of sales grew at a faster pace of nearly 15 percent, to $162.5 million.
Analysts surveyed by FactSet had expected earnings of 85 cents per share on revenue of $249.6 million.
Messages left with a Robbins & Myers spokesman on Saturday to comment on the weekend timing of the company's earnings release were not immediately returned. It is unusual for companies to release financial results on weekends.
Shares of Robbins & Myers closed on Friday at $59.50.
Under the proposed all-cash acquisition by National Oilwell Varco, Robbins & Myers shareholders would receive $60 per share.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14189Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12474Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11484OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9977Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8873Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7409Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7240Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated