Rockets G Kyle Lowry has sports hernia surgery
HOUSTON (AP) — Houston Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry has had surgery to repair a sports hernia.
The team said after the procedure Tuesday that he was expected to return to normal offseason training in 6-8 weeks.
The 6-foot Lowry missed 19 games this season, mostly because of a bacterial infection. He sat out Houston's final two games with the sports hernia.
Goran Dragic took over the starting job from Lowry in March and averaged 18 points and 8.4 assists in 28 starts. Lowry averaged 14 points and 6.6 assists in 47 games for the Rockets this season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified