Rodriguez helps Porto beat Paris Saint-Germain 1-0
PORTO, Portugal (AP) — .James Rodriguez scored late to give FC Porto a 1-0 win over Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday in the Champions League group stage.
The Colombian midfielder picked up a loose ball on the right flank and hit a curling a left-foot shot into the far corner of the net to break the deadlock in the 83rd minute of a game that produced few thrills.
Porto, which hasn't missed the tournament's knockout round since the 2005-06 season, went top of the group with two wins from two. PSG has one victory.
The pair are the most fancied clubs to advance from Group A. Dinamo Zagreb and Dynamo Kiev are the group's other teams.
The match was the biggest test so far this season for the big-spending French club as it squared up to a two-time European champion, but Carlo Ancelotti's team played tamely at Porto's Stadium of the Dragon.
Even though PSG has won its past five games in the French league to take second place, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic scoring six goals during that spell, the Swede lost his scoring touch in northern Portugal.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad