Romanowski becomes minority owner of Swan Racing
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Former NFL linebacker Bill Romanowski has signed on as a minority owner of NASCAR team Swan Racing, and his health supplement company will sponsor the No. 30 Toyota this season.
Romanowski's Nutrition53 supplement will be the primary sponsor for 10 races this year, and will be an associate sponsor on the car driven by David Stremme in the remaining 26 events.
Romanowski was a two-time Pro Bowl selection and played in five Super Bowls during his stints with San Francisco and Denver.
He joins a NASCAR team that's been overhauled since Brandon Davis purchased the assets last year. Davis has added personnel and vowed to run the car in every race and not "start-and-park."
Nutrition53 is a line of supplemental health drinks and vitamins.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims